Philadelphia has some of the highest rates of substance abuse in the US, leaving in a large number of Philly residents in need of addiction treatment services.
Philadelphia is the largest city in all of Pennsylvania and has the fifth highest rate of substance use activity in all of the US. Philadelphia County has been found to have the second highest illicit drug use rate out of 44 counties.
Drug and Alcohol Abuse in Philadelphia
Drug and alcohol addiction is a significant problem in Philadelphia and according to the Philadelphia Department of Public Health, in 2019, there were over 1,200 overdose deaths with 1,150 related to opioids. One of the major factors contributing to the opioid crisis are the overprescribing practices from healthcare providers.
Drugs such as cocaine and heroin are increasing in popularity and are easily accessible in Philadelphia and have increased in use.
Fentanyl, an extremely potent synthetic opioid, is becoming more widespread as well. The drug is often found in people who have overdosed on other substances as it’s common for dealers to cut their product with fentanyl to produce more powerful effects for users. But users are not aware and many overdoses and deaths result. It was reported that 64% of drug related deaths in Philadelphia County were caused by fentanyl.
Rehab for Substance Abuse in Philadelphia
Philadelphia residents who are dealing with substance use should seek help urgently as trying to detox on your own and achieve sobriety requires the support of professional services.
They may also choose to seek help at a center from home which helps by removing themselves from their home environmental where the majority of stressors and triggers are.
If you or someone you care about are faced with substance abuse issues, there is help available. Give Luxe Recovery a call, they are available 24/7 to offer guidance and discuss the benefits of their program.
Different types of Addiction Treatment Available in Philadelphia
Alcohol and drug rehab centers in Philadelphia offer a range of treatments for substance abuse and behavioral health including:
- Detox: This is usually the first step in addiction treatment for people using alcohol, opiates and benzodiazepines and involves managing the physical symptoms of withdrawal.
- Inpatient or residential treatment: Inpatient treatment programs provide 24/7 support and medical care in a highly structured environment that promotes recovery, with a range of therapeutic interventions available.
- Outpatient treatment: Outpatient treatment allows people to receive treatment while continuing to live at home and involves regular therapy sessions, group counseling and other forms of support.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT): CBT is a type of therapy that helps individuals identify and change negative thought patterns and behaviors and is often used to treat addiction because it can help individuals develop coping skills and strategies to manage triggers and cravings.
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT): MAT involves the use of medications, such as methadone or buprenorphine, to manage withdrawal symptoms and cravings. This approach is often used to treat opioid addiction.
- Group therapy: Group therapy involves sessions with a therapist and other individuals in recovery which provide support, encouragement and a sense of community.
- Family therapy: Family therapy involves sessions with a therapist and the individual’s family members allowing them to better understand addiction. This therapy helps to strengthen family relationships.
- Holistic therapies: Holistic therapies, such as yoga, acupuncture, and mindfulness meditation, can help individuals manage stress and improve overall well-being.
Benefits of Addiction Services
Seeking help from an alcohol or drug rehab in Philadelphia for addiction can have many benefits, including:
Professional medical and mental health support: offer medical and mental health professionals who are trained and experienced in providing a range of treatments, therapies and medications to help individuals overcome their addiction.
Safe and structured environment: provides a safe and structured environment that helps people focus on their recovery by limiting or removing the triggers and distractions of home.
Peer support: offers peer support through group therapy sessions where people share their experiences and learn from others who are going through similar challenges which is effective in reducing feelings of isolation and providing a sense of community.
Personalized treatment plans: personalized treatment plans based on an individual’s unique needs, circumstances and addiction history helps to ensure that each person receives the best therapies and interventions to support their personal recovery.
Aftercare support: outpatient services and ongoing therapy help individuals maintain their sobriety and reduce the rate of relapse after leaving treatment.
Improved physical and mental health: addiction can take a toll on both physical and mental health which treatment programs aim to improve resulting in better overall health and wellbeing.
Choosing the Right Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center in Philadelphia
Choosing the right alcohol and drug rehabs can be a crucial step in achieving recovery and maintaining sobriety. Here are some tips to consider:
Accreditation: You want to ensure the center is accredited by a recognized organization such as the Joint Commission or the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). Accreditation ensures that the center meets certain standards of care and quality.
Treatment Programs: Choose a treatment center that offers individualized treatment plan that fits your individual needs. For example, if you have a co-occurring mental health disorder, you may need a dual diagnosis program that addresses both your addiction and mental health issues.
Staff Credentials: The staff should be licensed, certified, and trained to provide addiction treatment. Look for a facility that has a team of medical professionals, therapists, and counselors who specialize in substance abuse and mental health treatment.
Location: Some people prefer to go to a center close to home, while others prefer to go to a treatment center that is far away to get a fresh start. This option has many benefits – if you would like to learn more, you can get in touch with Luxe Recovery to discuss how their world class program can help you.
Amenities and Services: Some centers offer amenities such as exercise facilities, swimming pools, and spa treatments. While these may be nice to have, they are not necessary for recovery. Instead, focus on the services that are offered such as therapy, counseling, and aftercare planning.
Cost: The cost can vary widely depending on the location, the length of stay and the type of treatment program. Check with your insurance provider to see what is covered and what your out-of-pocket expenses will be. If you do not have insurance, there may be low-cost or free rehab options available.
Reviews and Recommendations: Look for reviews and recommendations from people who have gone through the rehab program. You can also check with your healthcare provider or a trusted addiction specialist for recommendations.
Accreditation and Licensing of Rehabs in Philadelphia
In Philadelphia, substance abuse rehabs are typically required to be licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs (DDAP) in order to provide treatment services for substance abuse and addiction.
In addition to DDAP, treatment centers may also seek accreditation from other organizations such as The Joint Commission, which is a national accrediting body that evaluates healthcare organizations for quality and safety.
To obtain a license from DDAP, certain accreditation standards must be met, including:
- Staff qualifications: centers must have licensed and credentialed staff members who are trained to provide evidence-based treatment for substance abuse.
- Treatment services: centers must provide a range of treatment services, including individual and group counseling, medication-assisted treatment (MAT), and behavioral therapies.
- Facility requirements: rehabs must maintain a safe and sanitary facility that is equipped with appropriate medical and security measures.
- Quality assurance: Rehab centers must implement a quality assurance program that monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of their treatment services.
The types of therapy and treatment methods used at drug addiction treatment centers
There are several types of therapy and treatment methods used in rehab centers for addiction. These include:
- Behavioral therapy: This type of therapy aims to change the behavior of the individual by teaching them coping skills, problem-solving skills, and ways to avoid triggers that may lead to substance use. Some common behavioral therapies include Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), and Motivational Interviewing (MI).
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT): This approach combines medication with behavioral therapy to treat substance use disorders. Medications such as methadone, buprenorphine, and naltrexone are often used to help reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
- Group therapy: Group therapy involves individuals with similar addiction issues meeting together with a therapist to discuss their experiences, share their struggles, and learn from each other. This type of therapy can help build a support network and gain insight into their addiction.
- Family therapy: Family therapy involves the individual and their family members working together with a therapist to improve communication, resolve conflicts, and support the individual’s recovery.
- Holistic therapies: These therapies focus on treating the whole person, including their mind, body, and spirit. Examples of holistic therapies include yoga, meditation, acupuncture, and art therapy.
- 12-step programs: These programs, such as Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA), are based on a set of principles that help members overcome addiction through a spiritual approach.
It is important to note that different rehab centers may use a combination of these therapies and treatment methods, depending on the needs and preferences of the individual seeking treatment.
Goals of Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Philadelphia
Life after drug and alcohol rehab can be challenging, but it can also be incredibly rewarding. The goal of rehab is to help people overcome their addiction, learn new coping skills and develop a healthier lifestyle.
The skills and tools learned can be applied to everyday life, which aids in maintaining sobriety and avoid relapse.
Tips for Long-term Success
Attend support groups like Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous can provide individuals with a supportive community of people who are going through similar struggles. Attending these meetings can help members stay motivated and focused on their recovery.
Develop healthy habits like exercise, healthy eating and good sleep hygiene can improve physical and mental health, which supports sobriety.
Practice mindfulness practices like meditation, yoga and deep breathing can manage stress, reduce anxiety and stay focused on their goals.
Find new hobbies and interests can help people replace old, unhealthy habits with positive ones. Hobbies like art, music and sports can provide a sense of fulfillment and purpose.
Set realistic goals – Setting realistic goals can help people stay motivated and focused on their recovery. Small, achievable goals can provide a sense of accomplishment and help build confidence.
Maintain a strong support system – A strong support system can be crucial for maintaining sobriety. Surrounding yourself with positive, supportive friends and family members can help people stay on track and avoid relapse.
Addiction Treatment at Luxe Recovery
Getting treatment for drug or alcohol addiction at Luxe Recovery provides people with access to quality treatment programs and evidence based therapies that they individualize for each person.
Luxe Recovery accepts many health insurance plans so go ahead and give them a call today and they can check your benefits and what out of pocket fees may be required.
It all starts by contacting the team today. And whether you need detox from alcohol or long-term treatment for opioids, Luxe Recovery can help. To learn more get in touch with the admissions team today to discuss your situation and learn about the various ways Luxe Recovery can help.
You can fill out this form or call us directly
Acreditations & Memberships
One of the Best Rehabs in California for Drug, Alcohol, and Mental Health Treatment.