Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) is a nationwide healthcare insurance provider in the US. In New Jersey, BCBS is known as Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Horizon BCBSNJ) and they provide a wide range of insurance plans to over 3.2 million people across the state.
Substance Abuse Stats for NJ
All of the US and specifically in New Jersey, the widespread availability of opioids and other illegal drugs has lead to a major public health crisis. The Garden State is an epicenter of the current substance abuse epidemic, resulting in a growing number of addicted individuals, destroyed families and deaths.
- In 2020, over 82,000 New Jersey residents received addiction treatment services for substances including alcohol, heroin and other opioids
- From April 2020 to April 2021, there were 2,841 reported drug overdose deaths in NJ
- In 2018, a staggering 90% of drug related deaths in NJ were from opioids
What Alcohol & Drug Rehab Coverage Does Horizon BCBS NJ Health Insurance Offer?
If you have insurance through Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of NJ, you can rest assured that they will cover at least a portion of the treatment program costs for drug and alcohol addiction.
Receiving rehab treatment for substance use disorders is listed as an essential health benefit under the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
Your specific plan will of course have different levels of coverage and different amounts of deductibles, copays and coinsurance for inpatient rehab and outpatient treatment.
Some plans may have restrictions on the types of treatment or facilities that are covered so it’s always important to check with your provider to get an understanding of your benefits and what services you can access.
What types of addiction treatment does Horizon BCBS provide coverage for?
- Inpatient rehabs: staying at a residential treatment center 24/7 for a period of time to receive intensive therapy
- Outpatient treatment: attending therapy sessions on a part-time basis while living at home or in a sober living facility
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT): involves using medications to help manage the withdrawal symptoms and cravings during the recovery process. A common example is methadone for opioid addiction
- Detox: safely removing drugs or alcohol from the body safely under medical supervision
- Behavioral health counseling: to address underlying mental health issues that contribute to substance abuse as well as long-term recovery support
Advantages of Choosing Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
Horizon BCBS is said to be New Jersey’s most popular choice for independent health insurance.
- Wide range of plans to suit most budgets and coverage needs
- Affordable premiums and deductibles
- Wide coverage network of healthcare providers
- Quick and easy pre-approval process
- Access to support and resources for addiction recovery
- Paperless online account management
- Comprehensive FAQ page with everything you need to know
What resources & support does Horizon BCBS of New Jersey offer?
There is a range of resources and support offered to members, including:
- Online account management: online portals where members can manage their policies, view their insurance benefits, make payments and file claims.
- Customer service: customer service reps can answer questions, provide support and help members understand their policies.
- Claims support: in the event of an accident or other covered loss, support is offered to help members file and process claims.
- Risk management services: resources to help members minimize their risk of loss, such as safety tips and advice on how to prevent accidents.
- Educational resources: educational resources are provided online, including articles and videos that explain different types of insurance coverage, how to choose the right policy and how to file a claim.
Why is it important to have insurance coverage for alcohol and drug addiction treatment?
Having health insurance is important for people with substance issues because addiction is a chronic and devastating disease that requires long-term treatment and support.
- Access to treatment with less financial burden: having an insurance plan that covers addiction treatment will allow you to access professional help at reputable rehab center while reducing the risk of having to pay the costs, which are usually quite high, out of pocket.
- Improved health outcomes: treatment for substance abuse issues will improve your physical and mental health and reduce the risk of overdose and death.
Research and Compare Addiction Treatment Centers
Looking for a drug and alcohol rehab can be daunting. There are so many providers offering various services, treatment modalities and outcomes. How do you choose? Which is the best? Does your insurance cover the cost of treatment?
When comparing addiction treatment centers it’s important to consider your individual needs and preferences, as well as the quality of care and evidence-based practices. To start, choose a few that you are interested in or heard good reviews about. Do some research and look at factors such:
- treatment approach
- staff credentials
- success rates
- aftercare services
- family involvement
- rehab facilities
Seeking help is just a call away. Luxe Recovery does accept Horizon and can help check your coverage and support you throughout.
Causes and Effects of Addiction & Substance Use Disorders
Addiction is a complex problem that can be caused by a variety of factors. Some of the main causes include:
- Genetics: a family history of addiction can increase your risk of developing an addiction
- Environment: factors such as stress, trauma and exposure to drugs and alcohol can all contribute to addiction
- Mental health: co-occurring mental health disorders such as anxiety, depression and bipolar disorder can increase the likelihood of addiction
- Social factors: such as peer pressure and a lack of social support can also contribute to addiction
The effects of addiction can be far-reaching. Some of the main effects of addiction include:
- Health problems including liver damage, heart disease and respiratory problems – just to name a few
- Financial problems as addiction is expensive
- Relationship problems with friends and family which often leads to isolation and loneliness
- Legal problems such as arrests and incarceration
- Mental health problems as addiction tends to exacerbate existing mental health issues and can lead to the development of new ones
Horizon BCBS Insurance Accepted at Luxe Recovery for Addiction Treatment
If you are struggling with addiction issues and have Horizon BCBS NJ insurance, Luxe Recovery is here to help. The professional and caring team will first help by contacting your provider to verify benefits and get the details of any costs or restrictions associated with treatment.
Rest assured that Luxe Recovery will work with Horizon to help you maximize your coverage and minimize your out-of-pocket costs.
The inpatient treatment offered at Luxe Recovery is designed to meet your individual needs. They understand that the ‘one size fits all’ model is not effective.
The team will help with everything you need, from providing a listening ear on the first phone call to delivering a robust aftercare plan at time of discharge.
To learn more about Luxe Recovery’s world class treatment and to see what coverage you have, please reach out today.
You can fill out this form or call us directly
ACCREDITATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
One of the Best Rehabs in California for Drug, Alcohol, and Mental Health Treatment.